Monday, February 16, 2015

Meet Scott Christensen! Our Northern Utah Parent Advocate

My name is Scott Christensen and I am one of the Northern Utah Parent Advocates for Utah Kids. I have lived in Utah my entire life, and currently Melissa and I live in Washington Terrace. Melissa and I have four children, two of which are special needs. I currently am the Office Manager for State Farm Agent Matt Howard and I love my job(first time in 15 years I can say that). I lived in North Ogden for 8 yrs and then we moved to Sunset and Clearfield until I was 13. My parents built their first home in Clinton when I was 13 and they have been there ever since.
I have just a few hobbies which include camping, fishing, and duck hunting. I have enjoyed being in the outdoors my entire life. Fishing was always the one thing my dad and I found time for, so it’s always special for me, when I can take my boys with me. Here is my oldest son Trevor(he has autism) with his first fish in June of 2014:







I am also a huge Green Bay Packers Fan. I love when the Packers beat the Bears. Nothing gives me more joy in life. I also love when the Yankees lose. Sports are a big part of my life, and my wife hates it J.

I feel so lucky to be a part of Utah Kids, and if I can help in anyway, please let me know. You can email me at scott@utahkidsfoundation.com or scmc0310@gmail.com. My favorite quote is from Wayne Gretzky,” You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” I have learned that if you don’t ask or do something, you will always live with what ifs, and that is not a good way to live. Rejection can be hard, but it helps us grow, and so I try to never say no, and just jump into new things.

The hardest thing I have ever done for my special needs kids is to live like we do. I have had many opportunities to take higher paying jobs, but that would mean our son with Microcephaly Josh, would not get the medical coverage he has now. I have had to work in some pretty crappy jobs and that is hard as a husband and provider. Although I love the situation I’m in now, not being able to provide for my family has been hard. Looking back though, Josh has gotten what he needs and so has Trevor and that is all that matters.

Here are 10 little known facts about me:
1-I played one season in Minor League Baseball
2-I received a medal from an Army National Guard officer for supporting her during her time of service
3-I love cheese!! Too much if you ask Melissa
4-I was named General Manager of the Year for Carls Jr in 2004
5-I can’t stand fingernails. I have to keep mine short and trimmed. I never go anywhere without clippers
6-I am very sarcastic. 90% of the time I never mean what I say
7-I hate tomatoes and pineapple. I’ll throw up if I even smell them
8-I am a certified Notary Public
9-I hate heat!! Winter and snow are my favorite things










No comments:

Post a Comment